Qualifications and Membership
- Member of the London Society of the New Lacanian School
- Training Programme in Lacanian Psychoanalysis at the Centre for Freudian Analysis and Research from 2007-2015, then continued my psychoanalytic formation in the London Society of the NLS (ongoing )
- MSc in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy (Birkbeck, University of London)
- PgDip in Psychodynamic Counselling (Birkbeck, University of London)
- MA in Psychoanalysis and Contemporary Society (Brunel University, London)
- Training in Bereavement Counselling (CELBS, Bart's and the London NHS Trust)
- BSc(Hons)in Psychology (Deree, The American College of Greece)
I am an Accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and abide by the BACP ethical framework for counselling and psychotherapy.
I have 15 years of clinical experience in a variety of settings including working for the NHS, psychotherapy services, universities and three nation-wide employee assistance programmes. Apart from private practice, I currently work with the Priory as a Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist, seeing people in the community who present with a variety of issues, ranging from mild to more chronic and severe difficulties. I also work with employees, some of who have encountered traumatic experiences at work while on the front -line (police, fire service, ambulance service etc) but also dealing with burnout and other more complex work-related (and not only) issues that have made their ability to function at work suffer.
I have worked for many years as a bereavement counsellor within the Bart's and the London NHS Trust, as a psychotherapist at the Department of Psychological Medicine at St Bartholomew's Hospital, and as a psychotherapist at the Outpatient Eating Disorders Unit at Springfield University Hospital. I have also worked as a Counsellor and mental health mentor (2011-2018) in several London universities including Goldsmiths (Goldsmiths Wellbeing Project), supporting students whose mental health and learning difficulties have been holding them back from managing the demands of study.
Between 2016 and 2019, I was a member of a small team of psychoanalysts running "Bubble and Speak", a drop-in in South London where we welcomed pregnant mothers, parents and carers with their small children in a space where we listened to both child and adult whilst they were interacting with other children and their parents. Finally, I participate actively in all the activities of the London Society of the New Lacanian School including its clinical and theoretical seminars and I'm a member of the Editorial Comittee of Psychoanalytical Notebooks.